How to Help the EAA
Fundraising - helping us help you and the broader community
What is fundraising and why do we need it?
Fundraising has a two-fold effect:
But where does the money generated go?
- It generates much-needed funds for the recipient organisation
- It raises the public profile of the recipient organisation.
At the EAA, any money raised is mainly used for the day-to-day running of our office. It allows us to purchase paper, stamps, envelopes and to pay our phone bills. And the more money raised, the more we can do for our new and existing members. For instance:
So you see, every dollar raised is of tremendous value to the EAA, for it helps us to raise public awareness of eczema as a potentially debilitating skin disease requiring professional management, while offering information and support to those in need.
- $500 allows us to fund a public display at a nursing conference
- $50 allows us to purchase sufficient paper to produce a significant range of information sheets
- $5 allows us to buy 10 stamps and envelopes to distribute information sheets to those in need.
Your financial support, whether as small as a chook raffle, or as extensive as a black tie gala event, is indispensable in helping the EAA to continue servicing its current and new members, while also educating the broader community about eczema. By fundraising for the EAA, you will be helping us to make a positive change to an eczema sufferer's life.
Please contact us (via phone or email) with your fundraising ideas and we will be only too happy to assist you.