A Brief Profile
The Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA) was founded in January 1994 with the mission of bringing community support, awareness and mass advocacy to the management and treatment of Eczema.
Highly regarded within Australian healthcare, the EAA has knowledge depositories and community education resources dedicated to the wide range of issues associated with the management, treatment and impact of Eczema.
“The Eczema Association of Australasia Inc supports and educates Eczema sufferers and carers, along with the wider community, in all aspects of Eczema and its impact.”
- is a National, Non-Profit Organisation
- is an Incorporated Body
- has International Links
- has Public Benevolent Status
- is a Registered Charity in Australia
- has its name registered with the Australian Securities Commission
- has a Medical Advisory Panel
- has strong working relationships with Australian & International Dermatologists; Natural Therapists; other Medical Practitioners; Pharmaceutical Companies; Political Representatives from various parties and many companies who manufacture products which may be beneficial to Eczema sufferers.
- As well as supporting and educating Eczema sufferers, their carers and the wider community, the EAA also aims to: greatly increase public awareness of Eczema ensure the improved treatment of sufferers and carers in public situations improve and broaden the availability of medical treatments and supplies for Eczema sufferers maintain links with Medical Professionals to ensure continuance of up-to-date information facilitate Specialised Research into the causes and effects of Eczema.
EAA Membership Benefits:
- ‘eczema quarterly’ magazine – Information, tips & details of the latest products on the market
- Free product samples which may assist with Eczema management
- Optional Social Register for members to contact others on the Register
- Educational Information Sheets on a wide range of Eczema topics
- Help & information from Dermatologists, Health Professionals & Natural Therapists via the EAA
- Availability of staff to discuss the condition, its difficulties & impact a friendly, compassionate & knowledgeable environment to discuss Eczema conditions, its difficulties and associated impacts with passionate EAA staff members.
It is not the policy of the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc to recommend or endorse any product or treatment.
It is part of the role of the Association to provide information on a wide range of products and treatments to keep those involved with eczema as fully informed as possible as to all options available. For medical advice, consult your health professional.