A Brief Profile
The Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA), which is the only organisation of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, was founded in January 1994. The Association is a valuable source of knowledge and advice on a wide range of issues associated with the management and treatment of Eczema. “The Eczema Association of Australasia Inc supports and educates Eczema sufferers and carers, along with the wider community, in all aspects of Eczema and its impact.”
- is a National, Non-Profit Organisation
- is an Incorporated Body
- has International Links
- has Public Benevolent Status
- is a Registered Charity in Australia
- has it’s name registered with the Australian Securities Commission
- has a Medical Advisory Board
- has a good working relationship with Australian & International Dermatologists; Natural Therapists; other Medical Practitioners; Pharmaceutical Companies; Political Representatives from various parties and many companies who manufacture products which may be beneficial to Eczema sufferers.
As well as supporting and educating Eczema sufferers, their carers and the wider community, the EAA also aims
- to greatly increase public awareness of Eczema
- to ensure the improved treatment of sufferers and carers in public situations
- to improve and broaden the availability of medical treatments and supplies for Eczema sufferers
- to maintain links with Medical Professionals to ensure continuance of up-to-date information
- to conduct Specialised Research into the causes and effects of Eczema.
EAA Membership Benefits:
- Quarterly Newsletter with tips, information, members letters & details of the latest products on the market
- Free product samples which may be beneficial for Eczema sufferers
- Optional Social Register for members to contact others on the Register
- Information Sheets on a wide range of Eczema topics
- Help & information from Dermatologists & Natural Therapists via the EAA
- Availability of staff to discuss the condition, its difficulties & impact.